Hello lovers! Let’s beat the Monday blues with a pretty fabric scheme shall we? I mentioned in my video newsletter (subscribe on the right hand side!) that I had this idea to share a “scheme-of-the-week.” I am always out gathering swatches of paint, fabric, rugs, etc. and not all the combos end up being presented to clients. I figured why not put together a couple extra hypothetical design schemes and share them here just for fun! Maybe you will gather a little inspiration for your next project! I am calling this scheme, Fresh Botanical, because of the moody floral fabric. I also see this room being accented with fresh greenery and natural elements.
- I am not usually a florals kind of girl but this one grabbed my attention because of the slate background. It gives it a little edge and keeps it from being too sweet or grandmotherly. I also love how the actual flowers have a washed out quality so you the pops of color actually come through looking like watercolors.
- Whenever I have a more busy free flowing pattern like this I try to pair it with a more exact geometric print. This bamboo trellis gives the combo more structure and pulls out the chartreuse.
- The ivory and metallic stripe helps balance out all the color and gives the eye a place to rest. I love the subtle sheen of the metallic stripe for just a little visual interest.
- This natural fiber rug would be a great floor covering in this room. The white pattern that threads through it keeps it from being boring but the jute material is another nod to our organic earthy vibe.
- I imagine this room being painted in a moody color like Benjamin Moore’s Powell Gray. It perfectly compliments the background of the fabric and would create such a cozy room.
If I were using this scheme in a master bedroom, for example, I would use the floral fabric as euro shams and the metallic as throw pillows or a lumbar. The trellis fabric would be the perfect pop of color as curtains against the slate walls.
So would you consider this combo? Did this pairing give you any inspiration?
*Some items are found locally so please email me if you would like any information about purchasing anything you see here!