A short but sweet series to kickstart some organizing. This time of year is the perfect time to get your whole house organized. The best way to start is with a clear and manageable list. I am breaking down my efforts into 3-item lists and giving myself a week to complete. Each week I am aiming to complete one thing from each category:
work // home // family
I will post my list each Monday if you want to play along. And if you have pictures, tips, or suggestions just email me: email@example.com
– Delete old messages
– Answer any unanswered emails
– Check spam folder for misplaced emails
– Create folders for reoccurring subjects: pictures, receipts, travel confirmations, etc.
– Empty cabinets holding cups plates or bowls and wipe down shelves
– Sort out dishes that you no longer need/use (store or donate)
– Return dishes to cabinet, stack like items, arrange for easy access
*If you don’t have kids, this is still a good chore for your own shoes.
– Go through all summer shoes and determine what fits or is still worn
– Go through all fall shoes and determine what still fits or will be worn
– Sort shoes into either “keep” or “consign” piles
– Wipe down shoes, check laces, reorganize back into the closet.
*Tip: keep a basket(s) by the door with everyone’s most-worn pairs for easy access and to eliminate tracking dirt into the house!