If you only come here to read about decor then feel free to skip this post because today I am doing an overall life update. As I mentioned in one of my newsletter videos, I get random questions here and there about things like my hair, kid stuff, and recipes so I thought I would do a monthly round up post about absolutely whatever! So you may not find the regular rug round up or design board today but I am going to be sharing some other life tidbits.
A Fun Event
First off, I have to mention a really fun event coming happening in Charlotte next week. Sorry non-locals! THE Eddie Ross is coming to town for a book signing and a guided shopping trip through Metrolina Expo. I have done one of these trips with him in Atlanta and I can’t tell you how much fun it was! I learned a ton and found so many good treasures I would have normally missed. You can RSVP here for the book signing.
When: Friday, April 1st 11 AM
Where: Metrolina Antique and Vintage Market Show – Spring Extravaganza
$75 per person and includes a book
Here’s the Eventbrite link to buy tickets or people can RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
With Easter right around the corner I have been on the hunt for a cute dress for Harper. I found this one at Target but here are the other contenders. Any of these would be great for the warmer months ahead.
I had to include the Judy Hops dress because Harper is absolutely ob-sessed with Zootopia. Not to worry, Frozen is still on frequent rotation 😉
Can we talk about how mad I am that this bathing suit is sold out in my size. I have been stalking it but so far no luck. I just feel like it could be a really cute one piece while not being a total mom suit.
I am excited that our mall is about to get one of these stores! I went in one for the first time in Asheville and I walked in thinking it was Anthropologie. It’s a fun place to find little gifts and I love how comfy and layered all of their clothes are.
I hate my hair most days like every other girl but I have learned how to wash it less and I feel like that’s worth sharing! I have really fine hair so I have always had to wash it everyday or I look like a grease ball but ever since switching to the Living Proof line I only wash it about 2 times a week. This is huge for me not only because it cuts down on all that drying time but also because dirty hair holds style so much better. Here are the keys for my little system…
1. Set your “washing” days and try to stick to those each week to keep a consistent predictable routine
2. When you wash shampoo 2 x’s: my hair dresser mentioned this casually one day and I swear it has made such a difference. First, I make sure to really wet my hair and then shampoo once to kind of rid my hair of build up. Rinse really thoroughly then shampoo a second time to let it work it’s magic. You can feel the shampoo really foaming up on the second round.
3. I use the Perfect Hair Day styling cream on my wet hair before drying. It seems to help my hair hold a style better. I also use the Restore cream when my hair is dry to smooth the ends. I used to not be able to use any products on my hair because they would just weigh it down and I don’t know if it’s the washing routine or just these products but I can use them liberally without any sign of grease, separating, or build up.
4. As for styling I usually wear it straight the first day and then curl it the next two. I also put it up in a ponytail to sleep.
5. On my non-washing days I spray this dry shampoo (make sure it’s that one and not the Triple Sec- I hated that one!) on the roots and then put it up in a towel to get in the shower. I massage the dry shampoo in while I’m in the shower and when I get out it’s ready to be styled for the day!
When I type all that out it seems like a lot but I promise you my hair routine is so much simpler now. I get really excited on those 5 days that I know I am getting to skip the blow drying!
Speaking of hair, I think this is going to be my go-to spring do:
I am a chip connoisseur and these are my new favorites! Thanks to my bestie for the intro!
I have not slept well in yeeears and have tried it all. I was just before scheduling my appointment at the sleep clinic when I tried this and (knock on wood) it has been helping a lot! My problem is that I can’t stay asleep but every night that I drink my little nightcap I sleep almost perfectly. I may still wake up but its brief and I can fall back asleep much easier. Who knew these three little ingredients could work such wonders!
Ok can you say brain dump?! I hope you enjoyed these little nuggets! Tomorrow I have a fun giveaway so make sure to come back and then it’s off for the rest of the week to enjoy Easter with my family!