If you checked in this past weekend, you know that I am super excited about the fact that I was nominated by Powell Brower Home for the Liebster Award. My husband asked if I actually win something and I had to explain that no, I don’t actually win a prize (why are guys all about the prize??) but I do get to feel recognized and I get to meet other new(ish) bloggers. Ironically I received this nomination the same time I was planning to unveil my “5 Things” series, so you should know a whole lot about me after this week! Here are the rules:
Well after describing my college major it should come as no surprise that I ended up in a profession that required a different degree entirely. After getting engaged I decided that I wanted to pursue another career that had always appealed to me: teaching. Pre-kids I was a kindergarten teacher and loved it! I loved that age group and everyday was an adventure. After having kids of my own I am not sure I would have the patience to go back to teaching but I have the degree should I change my mind 🙂
5. What would your dream vacation be?
I would love to rent a house on some tropical beach. I would want the house to include a personal chef!
6. Who do you admire the most?
I admire people who go after their dreams and treat people with respect.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I would love to have an interior design business in which I could continue to spend my days dreaming up room designs and putting my creativity to use. I hope that I will be able to have a gorgeous home office to accomplish all these dreams!
8. What is your decorating style?
Overall my style is traditional but with a spin. I love the classic clean look but I always want to add my own personal touch of color and pattern.
9. Are you a city person or a country person?
City. Although I really love the peacefulness of wide open spaces, I could never live far from restaurants and shopping!
10. What would your dream job be?
I would love to be an interior designer to the stars. To be able to get a peek into the life of someone like say, Jennifer Aniston, while designing a space she would love sounds like a blast!
11. What is your go-to decorating store?
I absolutely love treasure-hunting in HomeGoods! It is the best place to find one-of-a-kind accessories and I always love a good deal!
wanted to include blogs I read regularly):
And here are your 11 questions:
1. How did you decide on your blog’s name?
2. Where do you live?
3. If you could move anywhere, where would you want to go?
4. If you won the lottery tomorrow what would be your first big splurge?
5. Who do you talk to on a daily basis?
6. Sweet or salty snacks?
7. What is your favorite thing about interior design?
8. What was the first concert you attended?
9. Do you prefer thrift store re-dos or big store splurges when it comes to your home?
10. What can be found on your nightstand?
11. If someone walks through your house what will they immediately know about you?
Make sure to check out those links because these blogs are written by some really talented ladies!